These are some WWT resources designed for introductory use inside and outside the classroom. If you have your own materials that you have created and would like to share them with the WWTA community, please contact us and let us know!
WWT Introduction and How-To's, by Michelle Bartley (.doc)
- Instruction sheet that walks new users through some of the main features in WWT.
WWT Introductory Scavenger Hunt, by Patricia Udomprasert (.doc)
- Guided activity sheet that helps first-time student users dive in and explore WWT.
- Designed for use with the web-browser interface, with students working in pairs or small groups.
- Written with advanced 6th grade science students in mind, but can be tailored for all levels.
WWT Tips for the Classroom and Public Presentations, by Patricia Udomprasert (pdf)
Students at our Pilot middle school are using WWT to research a topic and then create a tour to teach their classmates what they learned. We created this guide for teachers and Ambassadors, so they can help students troubleshoot the most common issues students faced during their projects.
- General tips on presenting with WWT
- General troubleshooting
- Misconceptions to help learners avoid
- Teaching learners how to use WWT
- Tips for doing research with WWT